Receptionist and Conveyancing Assistant
We are seeking an diverse individual for a shared role, working morinings 9.00 am - 12.45 pm assiting our Redruth Conveyancing department with general admin tasks relating to opening and closing of matters. From 1.45 pm - 5.30 pm (allowing a 1 hour lunch break from 12.45 pm) the main focus of the role is the afternoon receptionist at our Redruth office for an immediate start.
The successful applicant will ideally have some years experience of working in a solicitors' office, but other reception experience would be considered.
Responsible for (Receptionist)
- Managing the interview room calendars to prevent overbooking
- Dealing with all incoming calls to the offices, transferring calls to the correct departments and staff, taking messages, and generally assisting clients and other professionals that call the office.
- Provide administrative support to the firm with photocopying, faxing, and indexing of professional documents including Wills and Deeds.
- Responsibility for outgoing post each evening, including franking, listing the post and delivery to the post office.
Responsible for (Conveyancing Admin)
- Opening and closing of client matters using our CMS database and following checklists to ensure complance with regulations.
- Database entries & updating/crosschecking
- Client interactions and chasing clients for required documents
- General Admin tasks to assist Fee Earners & Conveyancing Department
- Communicating with clients regarding their matter and updates.
The relevant candidate would ideally have a legal background, but this is not essential. Reception experience in a different sector could translate well to our offices. Development and maintenance of an understanding towards the firm’s structure, departments, work area and staff.
You will need to have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and preferably Excel. We run a modern web-based management system so computer knowledge is preferred however full on the job training and supervision will be given.
Confidentiality and discretion are key skills for this role, as is the ability to work well with colleagues and other professionals.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Our Redruth reception and client area are separated by Perspex panel, and we maintain a high level of cleanliness in the office which you will be partially responsible for.
Calm under pressure, ability to prioritise and time manage effectively.
Good communication is key between staff and clients
Basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word & Excel)
Continuing training will be provided as appropriate.
The role is full-time Mon-Fri 9.00 am - 5.30 pm and pay is dependant on experience but meets NLV.
Part of this role is also being advertised for just the Afternoon receptionist for those looking for shorter hours (1.45 pm - 5.30pm weekdays) please see our other job advert for this role. Similarly we are advertising for a full-time Conveyancing assistant to assit further on the conveyancing process if this role more appeals to you please see our Conveyancing Assitant advert.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: per week
Salary: From £20,319.00 per year