We are seeking an afternoon receptionist for an immediate start.
The role involves working in the main reception each afternoon (1.45 pm-5.30 pm) on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will ideally have some years experience of working in a solicitors' office, but other reception experience would be considered.
- Managing the interview room calendars to prevent overbooking
- Dealing with all incoming calls to the offices, transferring calls to the correct departments and staff, taking messages, and generally assisting clients and other professionals that call the office.
- Provide administrative support to the firm with photocopying, faxing, and indexing of professional documents including Wills and Deeds.
- Responsibility for outgoing post each evening, including franking, listing the post and delivery to the post office.
The relevant candidate would ideally have a legal background, but this is not essential. Reception experience in a different sector could translate well to our offices. Development and maintenance of an understanding towards the firm’s structure, departments, work area and staff.
You will need to have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and preferably Excel. We run a modern web-based management system so computer knowledge is preferred however full on the job training and supervision will be given.
Confidentiality and discretion are key skills for this role, as is the ability to work well with colleagues and other professionals.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Our Redruth reception and client area are separated by Perspex panel, and we maintain a high level of cleanliness in the office which you will be partially responsible for.
- Calm under pressure, ability to prioritise and time manage effectively.
- Good communication is key between staff and clients
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word & Excel)
Continuing training will be provided as appropriate.
The role is part-time Mon-Fri 1.45pm-5.30pm 3.75hrs per day/18.25hrs per week. Pay dependant on experience but meets/exceeds minimum wage requirements.
This role is also being advertised as part of a combined full time role working 9.00am - 5.30pm with a 1 hour lunch break, please see our Reseptionist/Admin Assistant job posting.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 18.75 per week
Salary: From £10,159.50 per year