In light of the further restrictions introduced by the Government on 23 March we have taken some further steps that we hope are going to help our colleagues and clients and other visitors to the office stay as safe as possible.
- We are going to restrict visitors to the offices and the front door to our offices will be locked at all times;3050
- Other than in exceptional circumstances we will not be available to have a face to face meeting until the current restrictions have been eased;
- If you do have something that you need to bring to the office – and in accordance with the social distancing rules you really shouldn’t – then please post this through our letterbox;
- We are still open and available on email and telephone in the normal way. We will endeavour to ensure that we are able to deal with any of your matters remotely via telephone, email and post;
- Before travelling to our office for anything other than posting items through the door please phone us first;
- If your circumstances are such that you have an urgent need for our services – such as a new will where you are unwell and unable to leave your home then please telephone in order that we can endeavour to assist – it should be possible in the majority of cases to take your instructions by telephone and deal with the matter without a meeting.
Necessarily the current situation in which we all find ourselves is presenting constant challenges and anxieties for everyone. We will continue to endeavour to assist our clients for as long as we are able, but there may be disruptions to the progress of conveyancing transactions that are beyond everyone’s control.
Thurstan Hoskin Solicitors
24 March 2020.
Clearly we are all in a state of uncertainty, confusion and no doubt some anxiety about the effects of the Coronavirus both in respect of health and the economy.
We are committed as a firm to keeping our staff, our clients and family members as safe as possible. With immediate effect therefore we are looking to limit the amount of direct personal contact we have with clients and third parties.
We are restricting visiting clients at their home except where it is entirely unavoidable. We expect that in the majority of cases we will be able to deal with all matters by email, telephone and post. At the same time if we have vulnerable or house bound clients that need our help we will endeavour to make arrangements to see them where necessary.
We would ask clients and other visitors to our offices to be mindful of the health of our staff. If you should otherwise be self-isolating then please do not visit the office and let us know. If you do visit the office please do not be offended if we do not shake your hand or look to maintain a degree of physical distance from you – this is for your benefit as much as ours – in particular please bear in mind when you greet staff working in our reception that they will want you to maintain a two metre distance from them. We have hand sanitiser in all of our meeting rooms for you to use.
We are committed as a firm to follow the Government’s guidelines and if that further restricts the services we are able to offer then we shall let you know.
Subject to the above we are continuing to provide our services to our clients from all of our offices. If that position should change then we will of course let you know.
We are confident and optimistic that we can all of us, throughout the communities in West Cornwall that we look to work with, get through the current turbulent situation if we are able to show kindness and consideration for each other.
Finally, we will commit to maintaining our donations to the foodbanks in Redruth and Hayle who more than ever need everyone’s help.
Thurstan Hoskin Solicitors
18 March 2020.
St Agnes Office Is Temporarily Closed
In the interests of the health of our staff and our clients and other visitors, we are temporarily closing our office in St Agnes, effective as of 20th March.
Our Redruth and Hayle offices are still operating, however we are no longer seeing clients face to face at any of our offices. Paperwork can be posted to us or put through the door of our Redruth and Hayle branches. You can phone and email any office as normal.
St Agnes clients can still contact us on 01872 306287 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow our social media for more updates.