Call Or Email

01209 213646

Residence & Contact

Where there is a dispute between parents concerning a child, a family court can be asked to make orders. This is seen as a last resort and we aim to resolve issues concerning children either through negotiation or by referring the matter to mediation. Mediation is now a requirement in most cases before issuing court proceedings. We can advise and assist you through the mediation process.

We are always child focussed in our approach and aim to promote agreement wherever possible.

Typically a child will live with one parent and have contact with the other, however the concept of shared residence is becoming increasingly popular with separating families.

It is very rare for one parent to have no right to see their child post separation. As a general rule the court considers it to be in a child’s best interests to have contact with both parents.

Contact us on 01209 213646 for more information.


Our Services





About Us

Contact Us

Recent News & Advice

Free & Fixed Fee Advice

Our Staff

Non-Client Contacts


Professional Links

Local Area Links


Thurstan Hoskin Solicitors, Chynoweth, Chapel Street, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 2BY
Tel: 01209 213646 - Fax: 01209 210069 -

Principal: Thurstan Hoskin BA
SRA Number:
558629; VAT No 913479414
This firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Member of Lawyers for Your Business, The Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners